Tuesday 11 September 2012

fanatic about prints






Peter Pilotto A/W 2012

Although I know it's fashion week and it's all about Spring/Summer 2013, every September I revisit A/W collections to refresh myself and get excited about the new season. Although I can't afford any designer clothing, and I'm pretty much broke all the time, I like looking at designer collections for things I can emulate and intergrate into my own wardrobe. So - new shapes, different ways of wearing things etc etc.

Anyway, i'm pretty mad about prints at the moment. As a devoted Liberty print fanatic, I instantly fall in love with intricate patterns, especially printed trousers. I just think they look amazing dressed down effortlessly with a grey marl sweatshirt and an interesting necklace. So, when I re-discovered Peter Pilotto's A/W collection I squealed with delight. Womenly silhouettes, splashes of blue, green and neon yellow, bedazzed beading, I was mesmerized. The collection is so engaging to the eye. Peter Pilotto even seems to make puffa jackets look cool (a trend I have been avoiding ever since it's comeback), surely he deserves a gold metal* for that?

*an unashamed reference to the olympics
image credit: 1 2

No comments:

Post a Comment